The history of Esca srl starts with the founder Cav. Luigi Patrizi on 5th August 1918. At a very young age, he started to work in the fish market in San Benedetto del Tronto in order to earn 5 lire a day.
In 1946 he started the commercial activity in the seafood market, providing hotels, restaurants and also markets in Rome and Milan.
In 1956, Patrizi Luigi developed the manual system to curl octopuses by introducing a rotating concrete mixer which is still used all over the world.
In 1960 the first law-temperature refrigerating room was built in order to extend the raw material’s shelf life.
Patrizi Luigi was appointed “Cavaliere del Lavoro” of the Italian Republic.
Family pack and vacuum-sealed package containing frozen seafood were sold in few supermarkets of those times.
The main aim was to get the product known and to communicate that all nutritional qualitites were preserved exclusively by freezing products. Such type of conservation was little known and rarely used by food industries.
In 1971 Esca was relocated and a new machine was built in order to preserve frozen products in vacuum-sealed packages.
Refrigerating rooms were finished, the use of production techniques and processing of the raw material were automated.
The production line included a wide range of products: Pre-fried pastel, frozen, fish soups, tagliatelle with salmon, seafood risotto, spaghetti with seafood.
The company obtained the quality certification ISO 9002. Also, 25.000 cubic metres of refrigerating rooms were built.